Ten honorary professional degrees were awarded during the Dec. 20 commencement exercises.
The degrees recognize the distinction an alumnus’s career reflects upon Missouri S&T.
- Marvin E. Borgmeyer, ChE’74, MS ChE’75, of Baton Rouge, La., operations manager for ExxonMobil
- Randy L. Buschling, EMgt’83, of Washington, Mo., vice president and chief operating officer at LaBarge Inc.
- Charles E. Byvik, MS Phys’64, of Alexandria, Va., associate director for electronics (science and technology) in the Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Hugh E. Cole, EMgt’72, of Mission Viejo, Calif., partner in the Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute
- David B. Lewis, CE’78, MS CE’80, of Carrollton, Texas, president and chief executive officer of Blade Energy Partners
- Richard D. Laughlin, CE’75, MS CE’77, of Chesterfield, Mo., owner of Midwest Testing Inc.
- David L. Mueller, ME’69, of Cleveland, vice president of operations for Harris Products Group of the Lincoln Electric Co.
- David W. Rommelmann, CE’70, of Evergreen, Colo., a financial planner with Wachovia Securities
- Kenneth C. Savells, CSci’74, of Harrison, Ark., founder of Centurion Financial Services
- Cheryl D.S. Walker, EE’86, of St. Louis, president and general counsel of Obasi Enterprises and counsel in the St. Louis office of Bryan Cave LLP.