Seven alumni, including three Miner Alumni Association board members, have been named to Missouri S&T’s sesquicentennial advisory committee. The group is made up of graduates, students, faculty, staff and community members who are involved in planning the university’s upcoming 150th anniversary celebration.
Missouri S&T will celebrate its sesquicentennial — or 150th anniversary — during the 2020–21 academic year. Plans call for a kickoff event during Homecoming 2020 as well as a commemorative, coffee table-style history book, a complementary website and video, and other special events.
Alumni serving on the committee are:
- Genevieve Sutton Bodnar, MetE’98, MinE’01, of Bunker, Mo., who is employed by Doe Run Co.
- Lister Florence, CE’95, MS IST’06, CSci’07, of Rolla, a member of the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on African-American Recruitment and Retention and the S&T Board of Trustees, who is employed by the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Rachel Grodsky, CerE’06, of Raymore, Mo., an engineer with Honeywell FM&T in Kansas City.
- Rachel Jung, MBA’09 of Rolla, an employee of Brewer Science and member of the MAA board of directors and the College of Arts, Sciences, and Business Dean’s Leadership Council executive committee.
- Daniel Ryan, ME’12, of Memphis, education officer for Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, chair of the New Alumni Council and a member of the MAA board of directors.
- Mary Helen Stoltz, Engl’95, of Rolla, editorial director in S&T’s marketing and communications department who serves as news and features editor of Missouri S&T Magazine.
- Keith Wedge, GGph’70, MS GGph’71, PhD GGph’73, of Rolla, a retired Army brigadier general and MAA treasurer.