Missouri S&T made a commitment to building stronger relationships with its corporate partners when John Eash joined the S&T staff last August as executive director of corporate relations.
Eash, AE’79, MS EMgt’90, has now taken that pledge a step further with the formation of the Missouri S&T Corporate Advisory Board. The group, which gives guidance on industry needs and challenges, helps connect S&T with industries and companies for mutual benefit. Members held their first meeting in April at Hasselmann Alumni House.
“The Corporate Advisory Board members have made great strides in their field of work, and their input will broaden the spectrum of corporate relationships at Missouri S&T,” Eash says.
The group plans to meet twice a year — once in the fall and again in the spring.
Members of the Corporate Advisory Board are:
- Matt Daniels, senior manager of education relations at Boeing
- Linda Harrell, CerE’88, research manager for advanced materials technology at Caterpillar
- Perrin Roller, GeoE’80, principal at Upstream Forensics LLC
- Lisa Sombart, ME’84, president and chief executive officer at William Tao & Associates Inc.
- Jeff Steinhart, EMgt’79, retired vice president of engineering and environmental affairs at Anheuser-Busch
- Rick Szevery, MetE’02, manager of iron and steel producing, quality assurance at ArcelorMittal.