Ten Miners will be recognized for their lasting impact on the university, their professions and the wider world when Missouri S&T hosts the 2016 Alumni of Influence Gala on Nov. 5. Join us for a celebration of innovation, exploration, leadership and impact as we honor these Miners for their lasting contributions to our university and the wider world.
Congratulations to our 2016 honorees:
- Joe Ballard, MS EMgt’72, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant general and CEO of the Ravens Group Inc.
- Bob Brackbill, MinE’42, an oil industry leader recognized for his contributions to offshore exploration, in particular the discovery of gas reserves in Thailand.
- Bob Brinkmann, CE’71, founder and CEO of Brinkmann Constructors.
- Matt Coco, CE’66, retired vice president of Alberici Corp.’s building division.
- Roger Dorf, ME’65, retired general manager and vice president of the Broadband Wireless Group for Cisco Systems.
- Bipin Doshi, ChE’62, MS ChE’63, president and CEO of Schafer Industries.
- Don Gunther, CE’60, retired vice chairman and director of the Bechtel Group.
- Sandra Magnus, Phys’86, MS EE’90, executive director of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and a former NASA astronaut.
- Dick Vitek, MS Chem’58, founder and retired CEO of Fotodyne Inc.
- Roy Wilkens, EE’66, retired CEO of WilTel and McLeodUSA, and chairman and co-founder of Adaption Technologies.
Save the date
The 2016 Alumni of Influence Gala
Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016
For more information, contact Sarah Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit influence.mst.edu.