During Homecoming, the Miner Alumni Association honored seven Miners for their accomplishments and their devotion to the association, the campus and its students.
Selected from an impressive list of nominees, the awardees received special recognition during the Miner Legends luncheon for their achievements, volunteer work, dedicated service and outstanding teaching. Pictured above (from left) are:
- Laura Agee, CerE’02, principal engineer, systems and integration engineering, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, Distinguished Young
- Carl Schmitz, IST’10, IT project manager, The Boeing Co., Robert V. Wolf Alumni Service Award
- Ronald Epps, Phys’67, retired chief of NASA’s Flight Design and Dynamics Division, Alumni Achievement Award
- Richard Szevery, MetE’02, manager, QA Primary, ArcelorMittal, Distinguished Young Alumni Award
- Piloo “Phil” Ilavia, MS PetE’70, consulting engineer, Chevron, Frank H. Mackaman Volunteer Service Award
- Egemen K. Çetinkaya, MS EE’01, an assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering, Class of ’42 Distinguished Teaching Award
- LaWanda Jones, CE’91, senior project engineer, ABNA, Alumni Merit Award.