This year, 43 alumni and friends were inducted into Missouri S&T academies. Academy membership recognizes careers of distinction and invites members to share their wisdom, influence and resources with faculty and students. Some academies hold induction ceremonies in October, others in April.
Academy of Miner Athletics
- Dennis Doering, CSci’73, of Jefferson City, Mo., who works with Central Technology Systems
- Rick Lux, ChE’81, of Chesterfield, Mo., sales manager at Holtec Gas Systems
- Tim Schoenecker, EMgt’84, of Edwardsville, Ill., associate professor of management and marketing at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- JoAnne Steineman, CE’92, of Rolla, a project manager in the design and construction office at Missouri S&T
- Joe Stemler, AE’92, of St. Louis, an aerospace engineer in aerodynamics at Boeing
- Scott Stephens, CE’85, of Chillicothe, Mo., a bridge engineer for the Missouri Department of Transportation’s Northwest District
Academy of Chemical Engineers
- Muthanna H. Al-Dahhan of Rolla, chair and professor of chemical and biochemical engineering at Missouri S&T
- Carma Gibler, ChE’79, of Houston, a process engineering specialist for Kelly Scientific Resources and a contractor for Kraton Polymers
- Allan Harvey, ChE’83, of Boulder, Colo., a chemical engineer for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Kurt Koelling, ChE’88, of Powell, Ohio, a professor of chemical engineering at The Ohio State University
- Lisa Krueger, ChE’86, of Phoenix, president and CEO of Essential Power
- Philip Ling, ChE’92, of Houston, portfolio manager for Royal Dutch Shell’s Downstream Acquisitions and Divestments Group
- Michael McGath, ChE’70, of Gardena, Calif., retired manager of Newberry Plant and Hector Mine for Elementis
- Eva Miranda, ChE’85, of Saratoga, Calif., co-founder of Sanctuary Conservation
- Robin Shepard, ChE’84, of St. Peters, Mo., president and owner of Shepard Safety LLC and an adjunct professor of chemical engineering at Washington University in St. Louis
- Joseph D. Smith of Rolla, the Wayne and Gayle Laufer Chair of Energy, director of the Energy Research and Development Center, and executive director of the Small Nuclear Modular Reactor Research and Development Consortium at Missouri S&T
Academy of Civil Engineers
- Randy Dreiling, CE’81, of St. Louis, vice president and senior structural engineer for Design Nine Inc.
- Diane Heckemeyer, CE’86, of St. Elizabeth, Mo., chair of construction and civil technology at the State Technical College of Missouri in Linn
- Karin M. Jacoby, CE’85, of Kansas City, Mo., senior counsel at Husch Blackwell
- Steve Meyer, CE’75, of Springfield, Mo., director of environmental services for the city of Springfield
- Allen G. Minks, CE’81, MS CE’83, of St. Louis, geotechnical department manager for Terracon Consultants Inc.
- Charles E. Powell, CE’71, of Ozark, Mo., owner of CEPCO LLC
- David Richardson, CE’71, MS CE’73, PhD CE’84, of Rolla, associate professor of civil engineering at Missouri S&T
- Dave Wisch, CE’75, MS CE’77, of Houston, a Fellow at Chevron Corp.
Academy of Computer Science
- Michael Aguilar, CSci’76, of Verona, Wis., president and co-founder of Innocorp Ltd.
Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Raymond E. Catlett, EE’77, of Collinsville, Ill., senior technical consultant for ABB Inc.
- Michael R. Matthew, EE’83, of Agoura Hills, Calif., an aerospace and defense business solutions specialist for IBM
- Brent McKinney, EE’86, MS EE’87, of Springfield, Mo., director of electric transmission and distribution for Springfield City Utilities
- Mark J. Nealon, EE’81, of Ballwin, Mo., director of engineering design and project management for Ameren Missouri
- Kenneth R. Owens Jr., EE’94, MS EE’01, of St. Louis, chief technical officer for Cisco Systems Cloud Services in San Jose, Calif.
Academy of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Dennis Bell, ME’80, of Steelville, Mo., president of Steelville Manufacturing Inc.
- Lawrence O. Brase Jr., AE’86, of St. Louis, technical fellow in structures technology for Boeing
- Alan L. Lasley, ME’64, of Redbud, Ill., retired adjunct assistant professor at Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Dawn J. Meyer, AE’87, of St. Charles, Mo., a senior manager of defense, space and security for Boeing
- Jayant Ramakrishnan, MS ME’83, PhD ME’87, of Houston, chief operating officer for Bastion Technologies Inc.
- Breck Washam, ME’90, of Chesterfield, Mo., vice president of Burns & McDonnell Engineering Co. Inc.
Academy of Mines and Metallurgy
- Rick Booth, GeoE’86, MS GeoE’88, of St. Charles, Mo., principal and former member of the board of directors for Golder Associates
- Jose J. Donoso, GGph’80, PetE’81, MS PetE’86, of Rio de Janeiro, Schlumberger SIS reservoir and production engineering domain for South America
- William M. Martin, GeoE’97, of Broken Arrow, Okla., vice president of reservoir engineering and owner’s group member for Panther Energy II
- Terry Palisch, PetE’86, of Richardson, Texas, global engineering advisor for CARBO Ceramics
- Kevin Renfro, PetE’85, of Spring, Texas, manager of Gulf of Mexico compliance and regulatory affairs for Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
- William A. Tedesco, GGph’97, of Magnolia, Texas, exploration manager, Eastern Gulf of Mexico and regional studies teams for Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
- Chris J. Upp, MinE’96, of Springfield, Mo., vice president and general manager of Conco Quarries Inc.