In April, 24 alumni and friends were inducted into Missouri S&T academies. Academy membership recognizes a career of distinction and invites members to share their wisdom, influence and resources with faculty and students. Some academies hold induction ceremonies in April, others in October.
Academy of Civil Engineers
- Francisco M. “Frank” Benavides, CE’70, of St. Louis, executive director of PENTA Engineering Corp.
- Reginald H. Benton, CE’79, of Jacksonville, Ill., president and principal of Benton & Associates Inc.
- Michael W. Burke, CE’91, MS CE’92, of St. Charles, Mo., executive vice president for J.S. Alberici Constructors
- John Frerking, CE’87, of Columbia, Mo., business development manager for Engineering Surveys and Services
- Dale Houseshell, CE’72, of Lake Saint Louis, Mo., director of public works for the city of Clayton, Mo.
- Ralph C. Jones, CE’80, of Overland Park, Kan., board chair and CEO of Structural Engineering Associates Inc.
- Alard “Al” Kaplan, CE’72, of Houston, owner of Energy Projects Consulting
- Sanjeev Kumar, MS CE’93, PhD CE’96, of Carbondale, Ill., chair, professor and Distinguished Teacher in civil and environmental engineering at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Michael J. Basler, EE’79, MS EE’89, of Highland, Ill., engineering manager for Basler Electric Co.
- Chris W. Bolick, EE’86, of Rogersville, Mo., manager of administrative services for Sho-Me Power Electric Cooperative
- Christopher L. Hamon, EE’84, of Branson, Mo., chief executive officer for White River Valley Electric Cooperative Inc.
- Theodore J. “Ted” Hilmes, EE’92, of Claremore, Okla., chief operating officer for KAMO Power
- Michael T. Lemanski, PhD EE’02, MS EMgt’08, of St. Louis, an electrical engineer for Boeing
- Lester C. Roth, EE’69, MS EE’78, of Fairfax Station, Va., an analyst with Group W. Inc.
- Edward J. Wooldridge, EE’81, MS EE’83, PhD EE’91, of Farmington, Mo., technical fellow for Boeing
Academy of Engineering Management
- Ron Jones, EMgt’81, of Chesterfield, Mo., principal at Burns & McDonnell’s Global Facilities Group
- Kathy Walker, MS EMgt’82, of Kansas City, Mo., managing director at OPENAIR Equity Partners
Academy of Mines and Metallurgy
- Bradley A. Aman, PetE’79, of Edmond, Okla., vice president of Northern Region Production for Continental Resources Inc.
- Nelson E. Cortes Rodriguez, GeoE’73, of Tucson, Ariz., Latin American project manager for HydroGeoChem and Exploration Technologies
- Kenneth D. Cochran, MinE’83, of St. Louis, senior vice president of Arch Coal
- Mitchell R. Roper, PetE’82, of Southlake, Texas, president of BOPCO L.P.
- Scott R. Sehlin, PhD Phys’94, of Bettendorf, Iowa, program manager of advanced technologies for Cobham PLC, Carleton Life Support, Northrop Grumman and Litton Life Support
- Christopher J. Ward, MinE’96, of Alpharetta, Ga., vice president and general manager of the Southeast Aggregate Business of Hanson Aggregates Heidelberg Cement Group
- Benjamin P. Winter, MetE’80, of Northville, Mich., vice president of vehicle engineering for Chrysler Group.