During the 2012–13 academic year, 53 alumni and friends were inducted into Missouri S&T academies. Academy membership recognizes a career of distinction and invites members to share their wisdom, influence and resources with faculty and students.
Academy of Chemical Engineers
- Richard N. Altice, ChE’86, of Wildwood, Mo., president and general manager of technical specialties with Solutia Inc.
- Sara R. Bock, ChE’87, of St. Louis, project manager of research and development for Covidien/Mallinckrodt
- Neil Book, ChE’72, of Rolla, associate professor emeritus of chemical engineering at Missouri S&T
- John Max Brawley, ChE’56, of Ellington, Mo., director of CC Energy
- Jack Chosnek, PhD ChE’75, of Houston, founder of KnowledgeOne
- Dannie Clarida, ChE’65, MS ChE’66, of Ponca City, Okla., owner of CorrMat International
- Jeffrey L. Costellia, ChE’87, of Herndon, Va., partner and deputy chair of Nixon Peabody
- Clyde Lorrain Cowan Jr., ChE’40, former professor at the Catholic University of America, inducted posthumously
- Charles W. Lyon, ChE’84, MS EMgt’91, of Atlanta, business director of Americas and Asia for INEOS Capital Ltd.
- John “Jack” E. Maurer, ChE’51, of Chesterfield, Mo., retired general patent counsel for Monsanto Co.
- Joseph E. Schroeder, ChE’77, MS ChE’81, of Union, Mo., senior vice president of engineering for Nooter Eriksen
Academy of Civil Engineers
- David Ahlvers, CE’84, EMgt’84, of Jefferson City, Mo., state construction and materials engineer with the Missouri Department of Transportation
- Gary Amsinger, CE’80, of Defiance, Mo., corporate vice president of safety for McCarthy Building Companies Inc.
- Dan Booher, CE’80, MS CE’81, of Springfield, Mo., retired senior vice president of design and construction for Kohl’s Department Stores
- John Branham, CE’70, of Stella, Mo., president of Branco Enterprises Inc.
- Michael L. Davis, CE’75, of Lebanon, Mo., president and CEO of Barton Engineering Co. Inc.
- Richard Henry, CE’83, of Lafayette, Calif., president of the Northern Pacific Division of McCarthy Building Companies Inc.
- Robert “Bob” Holmes Jr., CE’87, MS CE’89, of Rolla, Mo., national flood hazard coordinator for the U.S. Geological Survey
- Terry Leeds, CE’84, of Kansas City, Mo., director of the water services department for the city of Kansas City, Mo.
- Fred Palmerton, of Springfield, Mo., vice president of Palmerton and Parrish Inc.
- Tom Sieckhaus, CE’88, of Fenton, Mo., senior vice president and partner of Clayco Construction Corp.
- Curtis Skouby, CE’85, of St. Louis, director of public utilities for the city of St. Louis
Academy of Computer Science
- Kent Lynn, CE’85, of Charlottesville, Va., client executive for IBM Corp. in Washington, D.C.
- Charles L. Marsh, CSci’76, of Chapin, S.C., senior vice president and chief operating officer of ESCADA of the Americas in New York
Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Michael J. Basler, EE’79, MS EE’89, of Highland, Ill., electrical engineering manager for Basler Electric Co.
- Mark C. Birk, EE’86, MS EE’91, of St. Louis, senior vice president of Ameren Corporate Planning
- Robert D. Engelken, MS EE’80, PhD EE’83, of Jonesboro, Ark., professor of electrical engineering at Arkansas State University
- Jeffrey Vernon Hackman, EE’80, of Wentzville, Mo., director of transmission operations for Ameren
- James L. Paunicka, MS EE’88, PhD EE’92, of St. Louis, technical fellow and senior researcher in Boeing Research and Technology
- Steve E. Watkins, EE’83, MS EE’85, of Salem, Mo., professor of electrical and computer engineering and associate chair of electrical engineering undergraduate studies at Missouri S&T
Academy of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers
- Matthew G. Baebler, ME’79, MS EMgt’80, of San Antonio, Texas, director of energy and greenhouse gas for Tesoro Refining and Marketing Co.
- Steven M. Bass, AE’87, of St. Louis, director of advanced global strike in phantom works for Boeing Defense, Space and Security
- Bryan H. Cupples, AE’86, of Euless, Texas, director of advanced quality systems in Fort Worth for Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company
- Randy Frank, ME’91, of Dearborn, Mich., global front end and underbody/computer-aided engineering manager for product development in body exteriors and stamping engineering for Ford Motor Co.
- Christopher W. Keene, ME’88, of Sugar Land, Texas, president and CEO of Rangeland Energy LLC.
Academy of Miner Athletics
- Wendell “Buddy” Barnes, EMgt’73, golf team, of Houston, who works in private practice with NWH Americas
- Dr. Kim Colter, ChE’73, football team, of Washington, Mo., a physician
- Lafayette GateWood, Psych’88, football team, of University City, Mo., teacher and football coach at University City High School
- Greg Haug, CE’76, football team, of Jefferson City, Mo., owner of Resource Enterprises
- Diana Newman, EMgt’84, basketball and softball teams, of Kansas City, Mo., vice president of business processes for Perfect Output
- Chris Nisbet, EMgt’84, football and baseball teams, of St. Louis, project director for educational and commercial projects for McCarthy Building Co.
- Mike Noble, Phys’91, football and track and field teams, of Carson, Calif., plant manager for General Mills Inc.’s yogurt factory
- Larry Oliver, CE’70, MS CE’76, football team, of Tucson, a member of the project management team involved in the expansion and upgrade of the Ina Road Wastewater Reclamation Facility in Tucson
- Roddy Rogers, CE’81, MS CE’83, football and track and field teams, of Springfield, Mo., manager of water treatment and supply for the City Utilities in Springfield
- Tim Swinfard, Psych’90, cross country and track and field teams, of Jefferson City, Mo., CEO of the Missouri Coalition of Community Mental Health Centers
- Darrin Talley, ME’88, football team, of Vienna, Va., vice president for marketing and technology for ExxonMobil Corp.’s fuels, lubes and specialties company
Academy of Mines and Metallurgy
- R. Tim Bradley, PetE’77, of Houston, president of carbon dioxide for Kinder Morgan
- Larry Britt, GeoE’79, of Grove, Okla., consulting engineer with NSI Fracturing
- Erik Erbe, CerE’87, MS CerE’88, PhD CerE’91, of San Diego, vice president of research and development in the Biologics group at Nuvasive Inc.
- Kenneth Gielow, MetE’70, MS MetE’71, of Festus, Mo., president of Imrie-Gielow Inc.
- Harvey Goodman, GeoE’77, MS GeoE’87, of Houston, research consultant with Chevron Energy Technology Co.’s Rock Mechanics Analysis Team and adjunct professor at Missouri S&T
- Dan Scott, MetE’70, of Montgomery, Texas, senior technical advisor with Baker Hughes Inc.
- Tom Wetteroth, CerE’79, MS CerE’82, of Chandler, Ariz., vice president of operations for Applied Microarrays Inc.