Eight Missouri S&T alumni received honorary professional degrees during Spring Commencement. The degrees recognize these graduates for professional achievement:
- John Adams, Chem’70, Curators’ Teaching Professor of chemistry at the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Paul Angel, CerE’85, MS CerE’87, program manager for propulsion and materials in the advanced aircraft program for Sverdrup Corp.
- Constance Brown, Hist’85, an attorney specializing in international regulatory law, with an emphasis on medical device trade regulation, and trademark and technology licensing
- Paul Fleischut, MetE’85, partner with Senniger Powers LLP in St. Louis
- Kent Peccola, ChE’82, process engineering manager and lead architect of ConocoPhillips’ Wood River Refinery expansion
- Philip McPherson, CerE’83, senior vice president and general manager of the food, beverage and spirits sector at Verallia/ Saint-Gobain Containers Inc.
- Barton Moenster, ME’71, retired director of Global Technology Operations for The Boeing Co. in St. Louis
- Kirk Randolph, CE’85, president of the Central West division of Oldcastle Materials