Seven alumni have been selected to serve on the committee appointed to find a new Missouri S&T chancellor to replace John F. Carney III, who will retire in August. The committee of alumni, students, faculty, staff and others will work with the search firm Greenwood/Asher & Associates Inc. to identify potential candidates selected by the time a new University of Missouri System president is in place. The new president will appoint the chancellor.
Committee members are:
- Selin Acar, senior in chemistry and Student Council president
- Richard Brow, Curators’ Professor of ceramic engineering and chair of materials, science and engineering
- Vicki Callaway, EE’00, MS EMgt’10, manager of IT planning and project management in information technology
- Matt Coco, CE’66, past president of the Miner Alumni Association and retired vice president of Alberici Constructors
- Delbert Day, CerE’58, Curators’ Professor emeritus of ceramic engineering
- Roger Dorf, ME’65, ME’94, retired chief executive officer and president of Navini Networks Inc. and chair of the Missouri S&T Board of Trustees
- Kelvin Erickson, EE’78, MS EE’79, chair of electrical and computer engineering
- Vishwanath Gandikota, MS MetE’09, graduate student in metallurgical engineering and outgoing president of the Council of Graduate Students
- Tom George, chancellor of the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Larry Gragg, Curators’ Teaching Professor and chair of history and political science
- Greg Harris, interim assistant vice chancellor for development
- K.M. Isaac, professor of aerospace engineering and president of the Missouri S&T Faculty Senate
- Jim Murphy, assistant vice chancellor of student affairs
- Francisca Oboh-Ikuenobe, professor of geology and geophysics and biological sciences
- Jesse Singleton, manager of printing and mail services and a member of the Missouri S&T Staff Council
- Cheryl Walker, EE’86, JD’90, Obasi Enterprises, former member of the University of Missouri Board of Curators
- Christa Weisbrook, faculty fellow, University of Missouri office of academic affairs.
For more information about the search, visit chancellor.mst.edu/search.