This year, 39 Missouri S&T alumni and former faculty were inducted into Missouri S&T academies. Academy membership recognizes a career of distinction and invites members to share their wisdom, influence and resources with faculty and students.
Academy of Chemical Engineers
- Christopher R. Isom, ChE’85, vice president of thermal oxidizer systems for John Zink Co. LLC
- A. Kent Peccola, ChE’82, process engineering manager and lead architect for ConocoPhillips’ Wood River Refinery
- Edward P. Schneider Jr., ChE’42, founder and former president of Lark Engineering Corp.
Academy of Civil Engineering
- Tom L. Cadwell, CE’68, president and chief executive officer of Confluence Solar Inc.
- Jeffrey L. Feaster, CE’77, vice president of engineering for NCI Building Systems
- Emmett Hahn, CE’64, retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Thomas M. Hayden, CE’71, president and chair, Shive-Hattery Group Inc.
- Donald L. Hey, CE’63, co-founder and director of Wetlands Research Inc. and the Wetlands Initiative
- Richard Laughlin, CE’75, president of Midwest Testing
- Larry Oliver, CE’70, MS CE’76, MS EMgt’83, assistant project manager for design for Jacobs Project Management Co. for the Ina Road Wastewater Reclamation Facility
- George Stock, CE’85, president of Stock and Associates Consulting Engineers Inc.
- James A. Volker, CE’80, MS CE’82, manager of project management and execution for ExxonMobil Development Co.
- David Winter, CE’78, senior principal engineer for Hart Crowser Inc.
Academy of Computer Science
- Thomas J. DePauw, CSci’73, marketing services manager for Caterpillar Financial Services Corp.
- Dick Lenz, CSci’74, information technology strategist for Caterpillar Financial Services Corp.
- Michael Vahle, Math’71, MS Math’73, director of the Systems Mission Engineering Center at Sandia National Laboratories
Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Eric Aschinger, EE’70, chair and CEO of Aschinger Electric Co.
- Michael J. Emanuel, EE’87, manager for Interface Systems Group
- Paul J. Nauert, EE’78, consulting engineer in system protection for Ameren Services
- John Skain, EE’73, MS EE’85, owner and CEO of 802 Networks
- Jon Vaninger, EE’63, system sales for Advanced Packaging Integration
Academy of Engineering Management
- Randy Buschling, EMgt’83, chief operating officer at LaBarge Inc.
- Terry Buzbee, EMgt’77, president of the Fisher Division of Emerson Electric
- Hugh Cole, EMgt’72, vice president of solutions development and partner of AGI – the Goldratt Institute
- Kraig Gordon, EMgt’76, CE’76, MS EMgt’97, president of Gordon Construction Inc.
Academy of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Michael A. Haas, AE’87, CEO of Orion Energy Group and managing director of Renewable Development Co.
- Robert J. Hoffman, ME’81, vice president and co-owner of Hoffman Bros. Heating and Air Conditioning
- Darrell W. Pepper, ME’68, MS AE’70, PhD AE’73, professor of mechanical engineering at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- Fred “Art” Simmons, ME’66, president of Eleison Composites
- Thomas J. Spiegel, ME’73, director of integration and support engineering at Boeing
- Chris A. Thomason, ME’85, senior manager of advanced vehicle architecture at General Motors
- Donald J. Matthews, ME’48, retired sales and sales management from Jefferson Smurfit Corp., inducted posthumously
Academy of Mines and Metallurgy
- Curt Elmore, GeoE’86, associate professor of geological engineering at Missouri S&T
- Ryan Howell, ME’97, PhD MetE’09, survivability materials branch military deputy for the Army Research Lab
- Paul Lang, MinE’83, president of western operations for ARCH Coal Inc.
- Stephen Lang, MinE’79, vice president and CEO of Centerra Gold
- Greg Lang, MinE’78, regional president for North America of Barrick Gold
- Michael McCall, MinE’80, chair and CEO of Luminant Energy
- Fred Niemeier, MetE’95, vice president of portfolio management for Baird Capital Partners