This year, 32 Missouri S&T alumni and former faculty were inducted into Missouri S&T academies. Academy membership recognizes a career of distinction and invites members to share their wisdom, influence and resources with faculty and students.
Academy of Chemical Engineering
- Richard L. Burkhalter, ChE’67, of Porter, Ind., president of Covenant Engineering Services
- Frank J. Doering, ChE’70, MS ChE’71, PhD ChE’76, of Florissant, Mo., project manager for Crosslink and Akermin Inc.
- Frederick Keilhorn, ChE’87, of Wilmington, Del., founder and managing director of Kielvest LLC
- Margaret C. Montana, ChE’76, of Houston, executive vice president of supply and distribution for Shell Downstream Inc.
- Robert B. Puyear, ChE’54, of Chesterfield, Mo., corrosion specialist for Monsanto
- Frank F. Tao, PhD ChE’64, of Saratoga, Calif., senior engineering associate at Exxon Research and Engineering Co.
- Terry L. Tolliver, ChE’69, MS ChE’72, PhD ChE’82, of St. Louis, contract engineer for ConocoPhillips
Academy of Civil Engineers
- Mark Botkin, CE’68, MS CE’70, PhD CE’73, of Rochester Hills, Mich., group leader of computer-aided engineering for General Motors R&D
- Richard T. Bradley, CE’88, of St. Louis, assistant airport director for planning and engineering for Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
- Tom Christy, CE’80, of Salina, Kan., vice president and co-founder of Geoprobe Systems
- Gary Forsee, CE’72, of Columbia, Mo., president of the University of Missouri System
- Paul Hartwig, CE’80, of St. Louis, senior vice president of operations for McCarthy Building Companies Inc.
- Dan Israel, CE’83, of DeSoto, Kan., executive vice president and operations manager of the Rocky Mountain Operating Group for Terracon Consultants Inc.
- Richard Ross, CE’59, of Byrnes Mill, Mo., founder and retired president of R.G. Ross Construction Co.
- Larry Schall, CE’71, of Lenexa, Kan., executive vice president for Shafer, Kline & Warren
Academy of Computer Science
- Cindy J. Tang, Econ’85, of Platteville, Wis., founder and former chair of Insight Industries Inc.
Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Max D. Anderson, of Rolla, Mo., professor emeritus of electrical engineering at Missouri S&T
- Maurice Brubaker, EE’65, of Chesterfield, Mo., president of Brubaker & Associates Inc.
- Duane Highley, EE’83, EMgt’91, of Springfield, Mo., director of power production for Associated Electric Cooperative
- David McNabb, EE’86, of Clever, Mo., chief financial officer for Associated Electric Cooperative
- Russell D. Monie Jr., EE’74, of Grayslake, Ill., consultant for Owl Engineering
- Neal T. Schaeffer, EE’68, of Chesterfield, Mo., project manager at Washington University
- Cheryl D.S. Walker, EE’86, of St. Louis, president and general counsel of Obasi Enterprises LLC
Academy of Engineering Management
- Randy Buschling, EMgt’83, of Washington, Mo., CEO of LaBarge Inc.
- Rochelle DelaRoche, EMgt’83, of St. Louis, a member of the northeastern region sales team for Anheuser-Busch
- Timothy J. Holcer, EMgt’74, of Elk Grove Village, Ill., former president and CEO of Novaspect Operating Facilities
- Thomas F. Hughes, EMgt’91, of Richardson, Texas, vice president of Valued Client Sales Centers for AT&T Operations Inc.
- John Moritz, EMgt’76, MS EMgt’82, of Chesterfield, Mo., chair of the board of Olin-Luotong Metals in Guangzhou, China, and a board member of DOWA-Olin Metals in Hamamatsu, Japan
- Stephen A. Raper, EMgt’85, MS EMgt’87, PhD EMgt’89, of Rolla, Mo., associate professor and associate chair of undergraduate studies in engineering management and systems engineering at Missouri S&T
- Mary E. Besterfield Sacre, EMgt’89, of Pittsburgh, Pa., associate professor at the University of Pittsburgh
Academy of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers
- John F. Eash, AE’79, of Weldon Spring, Mo., director of supplier quality for Boeing’s integrated defense systems business unit
- Richard J. Johnson, ME’83, MS EMgt’85, of Chesterfield, Mo., enterprise account manager at APC/Schneider Electric
- John M. Mills, ME’85, of Crystal City, Mo., plant manager of Anheuser-Busch’s brewery in Merrimack, N.H.
- Stephen W. Voss, ME’82, of Lee’s Summit, Mo., plant services department manager of the energy division at Burns and McDonnell Engineering
- Harry J. Sauer Jr., ME’56, former professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering, named an honorary member. Sauer died June 17, 2008.
Academy of Mines and Metallurgy
- John Borthwick, PetE’43, of Lenexa, Kan., with Shaw Environmental and Infrastructure
- John Burst, CerE’43, MS CerE’47, retired from Dresser Industries Inc. Burst died June 28.
- James Humphrey, MinE’79, of Decatur, Ill., a market professional for Caterpillar
- Ralph Flori, PetE’79, MS PetE’81, PhD PetE’ 87, of Rolla, Mo., associate professor of geological sciences and engineering at Missouri S&T
- Stephen Rector, PetE’72, MS PetE’73, of Greenwood Village, Colo., president of RIM Operating Inc.
- Robert Scanlon, MetE’73, of Brookeville, Md., assistant general manager of the Transportation Security Agency