The Formula SAE Team from Missouri S&T started this racing season ranked No. 9 in the world, and S&T’s 2009 performances have bolstered that standing. Here are some of last spring’s highlights from various student design teams on campus.
Formula SAE Team
- First place: Virginia International Raceway
- Fourth place: Michigan International Speedway
Human-Powered Vehicle Team
- Second place: East Coast Challenge
- Third place: West Coast Challenge
Advanced Aero Vehicle Group
- Top team in U.S.: SAE competition in Georgia
Elsewhere, the women’s mucking team went to Butte, Mont., and once again brought home a world championship. (This is not officially a design team, but still, a world championship.) Meanwhile, the Solar House Team is putting the final touches on a new house that will be shipped to Washington, D.C., in October for the 2009 Solar Decathlon competition.
More information on all of the design teams is available at http://experiencethis.mst.edu.