This year, 32 Missouri S&T alumni and former faculty were inducted into one of Missouri S&T’s eight academies. Academy membership recognizes a career of distinction and invites members to share their wisdom, influence and resources with Missouri S&T faculty and students. Academy members make up fewer than 1 percent of the alumni base. Mechanical and aerospace engineering held its induction ceremony in October. Engineering management held ceremonies in October and April. The remaining academies held their induction ceremonies in April.
- Joel A. Brand, ChE’86, MS Phys’88, MS Math’94, of Austin, Texas, general partner and owner of Brand-Gaus LLC
- Brian Donley, ChE’87, of St. Louis, manager of operational excellence at Coviden Healthcare
- William R. Jones Jr., ChE’62, of Marana, Ariz., and North Olmsted, Ohio, a space tribology consultant for ATK/Swales Aerospace
- Donald E. Puyear, ChE’54, MS ChE’58, of Goodyear, Ariz., president of Puyear Consulting LLC
- Keith G. Tomazi, ChE’81, MS ChE’91, PhD ChE’93, of Florissant, Mo., technical fellow of Mallinckrodt Specialty Chemicals
- Robert M. “Bob” Wellek, ChE’57, MS ChE’63, of Rockville, Md., deputy director of the National Science Foundation Civil Engineering
- Greg Bolon, CE’85, of Kansas City, Mo., assistant division engineer at Kansas City (Mo.) Public Works
- Franklin Cheng of Rolla, Mo., Curators’ Professor emeritus of civil engineering at Missouri S&T
- Jeffrey Ger, MS CE’85, PhD CE’90, of Tallahassee, Fla., senior bridge engineer for the Federal Highway Administration’s Florida Division
- Larry McCallister, CE’78, MS CE’79, of Huntsville, Ala., commander of the U.S. Army Engineer and Support Center
- Ron Petering, CE’83, of Overland Park, Kan., president of Shafer, Kline & Warren Inc.
- Lynne Puetz, CE’73, MS CE’82, of St. Louis, deputy west director and director of St. Louis operations for the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- Steven R. Sieckhaus, CE’87, MS EMgt’90, of St. Louis, chief operating officer and partner at Clayco Inc.
- Warren K. Wray of Rolla, Mo., provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs at Missouri S&T
- John R. Hock, MS CSci’82, of St. Louis, a member of IBM’s systems and technology group
- Randy Kerns, CSci’74, of Boulder, Colo., chief technology officer for ProStor Systems
- Joan Woodard, Math’73, of Albuquerque, N.M., executive vice president and deputy laboratories director
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mark G. Fehlig, EE’73, of Atlanta, director of technical and engineering services for Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Michael A. Perry, EE’72, of Overland Park, Kan., senior vice president and senior design director for Black and Veatch Corp.
- David C. Raterman, EE’73, St. Louis director of agricultural engineering for Monsanto Co.
- Kiritkumar S. Shah, EE’84, of St. Louis, manager of reliability standards and compliance for Ameren UE
- David A. Whiteley, MS EE’84, of Princeton, N.J., executive vice president for North American Electrical Reliability Corp.
- John F. Bade, EMgt’87, of St. Louis, a member of the support systems division at The Boeing Co.
- George R. Cuthbertson (posthumously), former associate professor and acting chair of engineering management at Missouri S&T
- Kevin Fritzmeyer, EMgt’85, of Chesterfield, Mo., vice president of Cameron Holdings
- Jesse “Tom” McMahan, EE’66, of Alexandria, Va., co-president and founder of Modern Technology Solutions Inc.
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Raymond Bucy Jr., ME’58, of Vashon Island, Wash., retired general manager of Military Product Engineers of GE Aircraft Engines
- Russell Flye, ME’71, of Pasco, Wash., deputy engineering manager for the K-Basin Closure Project at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation
- Jada Reese, ME’84, of Florissant, Mo., director of human resources for Express Scripts
- Jon Schneider, ME’87, of St. Louis, director of technical and professional development for The Boeing Co.
- Lisa Sombart, ME’84, of Webster Groves, Mo., senior vice president and a director of William Tao & Associates Inc.
- Gregory Williams, ME’76, of Grapevine, Texas, executive vice president of corporate development and marketing for Wayport Inc.