This year, 39 UMR alumni and former faculty were inducted into UMR’s seven academies. Mechanical and aerospace engineering held its academy’s induction ceremony in October. Engineering management held ceremonies in October and April. The remaining five academies held their induction ceremonies in April.
- G. Glenn Lipscomb II, ChE’81, of Toledo, Ohio, professor and chair of chemical engineering at the University of Toledo.
- Maureen E. Midgley, ChE’82, of Rochester, Mich., executive director of global paint and polymers manufacturing engineering at General Motors Corp.
- Jacques L. Zakin of Worthington, Ohio, Helen C. Kurtz Professor Emeritus at Ohio State University and a former member of the UMR chemical engineering faculty.
- John Komlos, CE’85, of St. Louis, vice president and principal of ARCO Construction.
- Steve Knobbe, CE’85, of St. Louis, senior vice president of engineering at Metro Transit Authority.
- Ron Pierce, CE’65, of Little Rock, Ark., vice president of Garver Engineers LLC and Crawford, Murphy & Tilly.
- Doyle Powell, CE’67, of Upland, Calif., founder and president of D.W. Powell Construction Inc.
- Bob Sieckhaus, CE’63, of St. Louis County, Mo., retired area manager of heavy industrial at Murphy Co.
- Mike Simac, CE’78, MS CE’79, of Fort Mill, S.C., founder and president of Earth Improvement Technologies.
- Charles “Bob” Turner, CE’66, of Prairieville, La., director of public works for Ascension Parish, La.
- Gary White, CE’86, MS CE’86, of Kansas City, Mo., co-founder and executive director of WaterPartners International.
- Robert Wayne Whitehead, CE’61, MS CE’73, of Columbia, Mo., director-at-large at Shafer, Kline and Warren Inc.
- Marcus L. Smith Jr., CSci’76, MS EMgt’77, of San Antonio, Texas, director of information technology at Pabst Brewing Co.
- Herb Krasner, CSci’73, MS CSci’75, PhD CSci’80, of Spicewood, Texas, a senior lecturer at the University of Texas at Austin and president of Krasner Consulting.
- Donald L. Gaitros, MS CSci’66, PhD Math’72, of Waco, Texas, chair of computer science at Baylor University.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Jonas “Jon” Bereisa Jr., EE’67, MS EE’70, of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., director of the General Motors Automotive Competitive Fuel Cell Programs.
- Thomas J. Dalton, EE’84, of Indialantic, Fla., vice president of global sales for Honeywell.
- D. Ronald Fannin, of Rolla, Mo., chair and professor emeritus of interdisciplinary engineering at UMR.
- James R. Fricke, EE’75, of Overland Park, Kan., secretary, treasurer and chief information officer for Data Freight Inc.
- Daniel G. Smith, EE’85, of Imperial, Mo., vice president of the Product Technology Center for Nestle Purina PetCare.
- Thomas E. Sweeney, EE’69, of Jacksonville, Fla., technical director of the Trident Refit Facility for the U.S. Navy.
- Phillip Colombatto, EMgt’71, MS EMgt’76, of St. Louis, vice president for the Quality Assurance Division of Anheuser-Busch Inc.
- Greg Daily, EMgt’86, MS EMgt’88, of Danville, Calif., president of Alvarion Inc.
- Gary Frossard, EMgt’73, of St. Louis, president of Kadean Construction Co.
- Lisa Baganoff Gaynor, MetE’83, MS EMgt’85, PhD EMgt’91, of New Hope, Pa., vice president of global marketing and business analytics at Johnson and Johnson.
- Frederick L. Kocher, MS EMgt’72, of Indianapolis, president and general manager of AAR Corp.’s maintenance, repair and overhaul business in Indianapolis.
- Terry D. McCallister, EMgt’78, of Alexandria, Va., president and chief operating officer of WGL Holdings Inc., the parent company of Washington Gas.
- Phillip G. Ostapowicz, CE’78, MS EMgt’79, of St. Louis, president of the Technology Group of Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc.
- Gregory A. Sedrick, EMgt’82, PhD’90, of Hixson, Tenn., program director of engineering management and professor of industrial and information engineering at the University of Tennessee.
- Henry Sineath, of Rolla, Mo., founder of B&H Enterprises and Consultants and retired chair and professor of engineering management.
- Joseph A. Abernathy, ME’77, of St. Louis, vice president of stadium operations with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Jane Aselage, ME’86, of White Lake, Mich., manager of body engineering in the Current Model Quality & Commodity Business Planning Division of Ford Motor Co.
- R. Mark Schmidt, ME’73, of Southlake, Texas, assistant vice president of short line development at Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp.
- Randy A. Southmayd, ME’81, MS ME’88, of St. Louis, principal manager of materials and structure technology at The Boeing Co.
- Randall Wood, ME’85, MS ME’87, of Carthage, Mo., fixtures and display group vice president at Leggett & Platt Inc.
Mines and Metallurgy
- Delores Hinkle, PetE’75, of Houston, director of corporate reserves for Marathon Oil.
- Michael “Mike” Party, GGph’78, of Midland, Texas, exploration manager for Wagner and Brown Ltd.
- Virgil Powell, PetE’55, of Edmond, Okla., owner of Sentinel Resources, an oil and gas company in Oklahoma City.
- Christopher Ramsay, MetE’83, MS MetE’85, associate professor of metallurgical engineering at UMR and principal engineer of Ramsay Scientific.