- hometown: Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- age: 20
- current occupation: senior majoring in NucE
- favorite superhero: The Flash
- his passion: shooting — he adamantly believes the ability to handle a firearm proficiently is a necessary skill that everyone most certainly should have
- tattoos: none and he doesn’t plan on getting any
How he rolls: A 1983 Pontiac Firebird with a V8 engine that was rebuilt in his friend’s garage back in Oklahoma. The paint job was done in Karl’s garage with the same friend. “It’s got non-stock wheels, with the fattest tires I could use without scraping the inside of the wheel-well,” Karl says.
What he’s reading: The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara (winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1975). “It is an incredibly detailed book that takes place during the Battle of Gettysburg,” Karl says.
What he does online: “Short-term trading is a great way to make money if you’ve got some extra money to spare,” Karl says. “Another nice thing about etrade is that it can also act as a bank that can do everything. I’ve got an E*TRADE debit card and an E*TRADE checking account.” So far – he only started last summer – he’s made a trading profit of about $300.
Why he’s a fan of the 2nd Amendment: “I collect guns and go to gun shows,” Karl says. “It’s my honest and very strong opinion that being able to fire a weapon is a necessary skill for anyone. Of course, gun safety is always paramount.”