In 2012, the Miner Alumni Association board of directors consolidated its committees into five groups with broad goals. In this issue, we introduce you to the Strengthening Campus Relations Committee.
Susan H. Rothschild, CSci’74, was awarded a 2015 Presidential Citation Award for outstanding service to Missouri S&T. Rothschild, a retired accountant with John R. Straub CPA, PC, has been a member of the Miner Alumni Association board of directors since 1998 and served as association president from 2010–12. She is a class coordinator, a member of the Alumni Alliance and a speaker for the Chancellor’s Leadership Academy. She is also a member of the Dean’s Advisory Council and the Academy of Computer Science.
Make plans now to attend Homecoming 2015 Oct. 23–24.
More details will be published in the Summer issue of Missouri S&T Magazine. For hotel information and other accommodations in the area, go to mineralumni.com/homecoming.
Members of the Class of 1965 will reconnect and celebrate their 50th anniversary at the Golden Alumni Reunion May 19–20 at the new Hasselmann Alumni House. Alumni will tour their departments and learn more about what is happening on campus today. The highlight of the event is a grand recognition ceremony, where class members receive their 50-year pins and certificates.
If you are a member of the Class of 1965 and have not received your invitation, or if you are from another class but would prefer to celebrate your Golden Alumni Reunion with the class of 1965, please contact the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-JO-MINER (800-566-4637) for more information.
To help engage young alumni — and serve their unique needs and interests — the Miner Alumni Association formed the New Alumni Council (NAC) in April 2014. NAC sponsors programs and events to encourage young alumni and current students to connect and get involved with the alumni association.
The Miner Alumni Association honored this select group of alumni for their accomplishments and devotion to the association, the campus and its students during Homecoming. Chosen from an impressive list of nominees, the awardees received special recognition during the Miner Legends Luncheon. Pictured above (from left) are:
- Jeffery Thornburg, AE’96, Distinguished Young Alumni
- Tansel Yucelen, Class of 1942 Excellence in Teaching
- Robert R. Holmes Jr., CE’87, MS CE’89, Alumni Achievement
- Daniel A. Reed, CSci’78, Alumni Achievement
- Randall Dreiling, CE’81, Frank H. Mackaman Alumni Volunteer Service
- Hugh Cole, EMgt’72, Robert V. Wolf Alumni Service
- S. Cary Dunston, EMgt’88, Alumni Merit
- Dale Spence, ME’97, MS EMgt’05, Distinguished Young Alumni
Construction on the Hasselmann Alumni House is almost complete and the Miner Alumni Association staff is ready to move in. [Read more…]
In 2012, the Miner Alumni Association board consolidated its committees into five groups with broad goals. This issue, we introduce you to the Marketing and Communications Committee.
During its annual Homecoming meeting on Oct. 18, the Miner Alumni Association approved the following new and returning board members:
- Rich Eimer, EE’71, president
- Helene Hardy-Pierce, EMgt’83, president-elect
- Ernie Banks, ChE’81, vice president
- Delores Hinkle, PetE’75, vice president
- Ron Jagels, CE’86, MS EMgt’91, vice president
- Mike McEvilly, CE’80, MS EMgt’81, vice president
- Chris Ramsay, MetE’83, MS MetE’85, vice president
- Stephen Rector, PetE’72, MS PetE’73, vice president
- Keith Wedge, GGph’70, MS GGph’71, PhD GGph’73, treasurer
- Bill Brune, CSci’73, secretary